Not So Black And White

Even though I rant and rave about being sheep or wolf, don't think I'm so black and white. I don't hate all academic types and love every rebel. It's the pompous schoolers who shove their grades/degrees in my face, expecting instant respect that annoy me. The ones who end an argument by saying, "my grades are high and I have a degree in so-and-so, thus you are wrong." They are the worst, and I wanna smack 'em all.

On the other hand, scholars who don't judge my ability shallowly are fine, and I don't care if they spend time reading textbooks. In fact, many of the people who have spoken words of encouragement to me did very well in school, and some are teachers or principals. Lots of them just went along with the crowd for one reason or another. Maybe their dream job needed schooling, or their parents coerced them, perhaps they want to change the system from within, etc. It's no big deal if we come from different walks of life, so long as we accept one another.

There are also those who hate school/government but are complete assholes (no, not like me). I'm unsure of how to explain this one, because being a jerk is subjective. Just know that some punks can make the people who tolerate me roll their eyes, and that's saying a lot.

Anyway, I figured I'd post this in case anyone ever accuses me of being narrow-minded. I'm judgmental, but I ain't a bigot.