Other Heightism Related Websites

Thursday, 3 December 2015

The Narrative Gets Twisted to Suit Tall Men

When some tall guys want to impress others:
"I love being tall. Wild animals use their size to bully others into submission. Same thing happens with humans. I can intimidate people and nobody messes with me. Come here ladies so I can protect you. Nobody will dare approach us."

But when they want to play the victim:
"I hate being tall. Little Napoleons pick fights with me left and right. I'm just a gentle giant who gets bullied all the time. Can't go to the bar without getting attacked."

Choose one narrative and stick with it. The whole "tall guys are heroes, short men are villains" shtick is old.

This society loves to use the "alpha male, king of the jungle" excuse to explain why people worship tall guys. They will literally claim the tallest men used to beat everyone up in the caveman days, yet at the same time, who gets vilified in modern day society? Short men. Apparently, humans retained their instinct to worship tall men, but tall men are now completely civilized and lost their instinct to dominate everyone. Convenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment